Life really can be a picnic!

Everyone loves a picnic! This blog is about some of the things I love the most, and the term "picnic" just about covers them all. First of all, a picnic has to include food; simple food that is easy to fix. Next, you need someplace fun or different to visit; a nice, peaceful location. And of course, you always need to take along a good book to read and a well-used quilt to spread everything out on. So, there you have it! Easy recipes, good books, fun quilts along with some interesting, down-to-earth places to visit. You can even take your family or a friend or two if you want.



Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Another Busy Day!

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."    --Mother Teresa





I am so, so, so excited because I found out that one of my favorite authors has her new book out!  Josi Kilpack has just released Pumpkin Roll.    It is the sixth in her series of culinary murder mysteries.  I went right out and purchased it on my kindle; so now I get to start reading it!  I will show her books in order so you'll know which one to start reading first.

#1

#4


#2


#5


#3


#6



 My daughter brought me some peaches yesterday so I thought I would make some Peachy Pretzel Dessert.  It seems to be a hit with the whole family.



Peachy Pretzel Dessert

Crust:                                                              Topping:
2 ½ cups pretzels, crushed                              8 oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter                                                    3 T. milk
3 T. sugar                                                        1 cup powdered sugar
                                                                        2 cups cool whip
Filling:
2 cups water                1-3 oz. package peach jello
2 T. cornstarch            4-5 peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup sugar (or less)
Mix together crust ingredients and reserve ½ cup.  Press remainder in 9x13 pan.  Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.  Cool.  For filling, mix water, cornstarch and sugar in saucepan.  Cook until thickened; remove from heat.  Stir in peach jello, let cool slightly.  Add sliced peaches.  Spread mixture over pretzel crust.  For topping, mix cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar.  Mix well and fold in cool whip.  Spread on peach layer and sprinkle with reserved pretzel crumbs.  Let chill for 2 hours or more.


1 comment:

  1. This dessert is really good. I helped eat the one pictured.

    ReplyDelete